Reports to: Director of Operations
Summary of Position:
Responsible for understanding and defining the technical scope of PCD projects, working with initial project documents to define, document and obtain approval of the working solution PCD will install in the field. Review completed drawings of other engineers to assure accuracy.
1. Develop, submit and get consultant/customer approval of project documentation including:
- Floor Plans
- Working block diagrams for all systems
- Structural attachment for all equipment
- Structural stamps where required
- Video projector, lens, lift and screen specification and coordination
- Shop drawings
- Equipment list
- Equipment Cut Sheets
- ” Specials” list of substitutions and modifications
2. Ensure custom component design and procurement including
- AV panels
- Patch bays
- Multi-channel connectors and cables
- Custom mounting brackets and hardware
3. Execute project support activity including
- Wire lists
- Construction Set drawings for technicians and installers
- Installation issue resolutions
- Meeting of project timelines as established by the Project Manager
- Supporting field staff in job execution
4. Project Completion including
- As built drawing sets
- Archival of project engineering data
5. Maintain effective communication with A/V Consultant, General Contractor, architect, electricians and all PCD staff
6. Other duties as assigned by management
Skills: Strong team player with the ability to review the design of other engineers in the department, excellent interpersonal communication skills, well-organized, ability to meet tight deadlines.
Knowledge: Background in engineering. Understanding of electronic circuits and mechanical structures. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficient on computer including Auto CAD, Word, Excel. Ability to read plans and blueprints. Drafting and strong math knowledge. Audio/Video experience required.
Degrees/Certificates: Engineering degree or engineering technician degree and related practical experience preferred.
Physical Endurance: Must be able to work on computer for extended periods of time.
Environment: Office setting, with some visits to work sites at which multiple trades are working.