ORLANDO, Fla.– Jan. 29, 2019 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced its new PowerLite® U50 WUXGA 3LCD projector – an ultra-bright classroom projector that offers up to 10,000 hours of lamp life in Normal Mode2. Featuring 3,600 lumens of color brightness and 3,600 lumens of white brightness3, plus WUXGA resolution, the PowerLite U50 shines bright even in well-lit rooms. The projector offers enterprise-level security via integrated wireless networking, and teachers can wirelessly share content simultaneously from multiple devices4, providing an ideal collaborative display solution for any classroom. Epson’s PowerLite U50 and other education solutions will be on display at FETC 2019 in Orlando, Florida from Jan. 27-30 at Epson’s booth, #1417.
“At Epson, we understand how incredibly important it is to have display solutions in the classroom that deliver vibrant images and easy wireless networking for engaging students and inspiring collaboration,” said Veronika Knight, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “With teacher’s strategies evolving, Epson strives to continue providing affordable and reliable display technology that seamlessly integrates into their classrooms.”
What Can it Do?
The new PowerLite U50 leverages Epson’s proprietary 3LCD technology and offers the latest advancements of a long-life lamp, brilliant, bright widescreen images, powerful sound with a built-in speaker and vivid color to engage every student. It also comes equipped with simple setup and position flexibility for easy installation. To support BYOD classrooms, the projector provides enhanced wireless display technology allowing teachers to connect the projector to up to 50 devices, includingChromebook™, iOS, Android, PC and Mac® screens4. Educators can alsosimultaneously display content from up to four devices with the Epson iProjection™4wireless display solution.
More about the PowerLite U50
The PowerLite U50 provides advanced quality, flexibility, and easy maintenance for educators, with features including:
- Widescreen, Ultra-Bright, Vivid Images – 3,600 lumens of equal color and white brightness3, plus WUXGA resolution delivers big, bright images even in well-lit rooms
- Ultra-Long, Lamp Life – Up to 10,000 hours of lamp life in Normal Mode and up to 16,000 hours in ECO Mode2, plus the air filter provides up to 10,000-hours5 for virtually maintenance free operation
- Easy Classroom Collaboration – Integrated wireless networking with enterprise-level security
- Wireless Sharing with Epson iProjection4 – Connect up to 50 devices, including Chromebook™, iOS, Android, Mac® and PC screens4 and simultaneously display content from up to four devices4
- Remote Management and Control Tools – Compatible with Crestron®, AMX®, PJLink for remote projector management, presentations over the network, and more
- Simple Setup and Positioning Flexibility – Includes 1.2x optical zoom and ±30 degrees horizontal and vertical keystone correction
- Versatile Connectivity – Offers 2x HDMI support for multiple high-definition A/V devices
- Powerful Sound – Abuilt-in 5W speaker delivers quality sound for engaging presentations
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for a total of three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
About Epson Education Products
Designed with educator input, Epson’s advanced presentation display and projector technologies make bright, collaborative learning environments a reality. Compatible with a wide range of devices and widely-used software, Epson presentation displays make it easy for teachers to share content to engage students, no matter where they sit in the classroom. Epson’s unmatched technology, service and support ensure educators are confident that vivid, bright images and multimedia are available in the classroom every day.
Availability, Pricing and Support
The Epson PowerLite U50 will be available in August through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, Epson.com, and the Brighter Futures program. Epson PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service replacement program that includes product exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, please visit: www.epson.com/education.