Prospect and find public work jobs. Responsible for estimating construction costs, obtaining sub-contractor bids, and supplier quotes to create a final project proposal. Manage the job from beginning to end.
Find projects and write competitive bid listing equipment and setting budgets for labor and engineering.
- Search for opportunities at the various bid sourcing websites (builders’ exchanges, Bidsync, city and state websites, etc.)
- Review bid solicitations and request for proposals to ensure accurate bid process compliance using Project Administrator as needed.
- Present new projects to management team to confirm each job has the budgets set properly. Upon contract execution, review contract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Upon receipt of a new contract, meet with Design Engineer, Senior Tech and Lead Installer. Perform project take-off. Assist with creating pre-bid schedules, and technical write-ups including RFIs. Work with the Procurement team, source suppliers and sub-contractors, acting as a liaison maintaining communication between all companies to ensure correct and competitive pricing.
Prepare for new jobs, including:
- Attend pre-bid meetings as needed.
- Procure insurance, bonds and any permits needed
- Maintain contact information for Client, General Contractor and Electrical Contractor.
- Communicate projected construction schedule and budget for newly awarded projects with Controller and Operations Manager.
- Compose schedule of values and add information of the project into the company’s electronic files.
Manage projects including:
- Oversee project from contract execution, submittal, construction and final close-out documentation.
- Maintain up to date material and labor pricing database in SAGE software.
- Process and execute change orders and ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Work with the Controller to ensure invoicing guidelines are met per contract requirements.
- Manage subcontractors, materials, labor, and productivity to ensure profitable and sustainable projects.
- Manage the labor workforce on job sites
- Manage assigned Technician
- Manage assigned Design Engineer
- Manage Project Administrator.
- Effectively lead, motivate and develop project team members.
- Responsible for providing feedback to and giving regular work performance reviews.
- Participate in weekly managers meetings
Skills: Strong team player, excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills, positive attitude, well-organized, able to work within tight deadlines and to multi-task effectively. Audio /Visual integration experience is required.
Knowledge: Background in general electronics and audio/visual, specifically. Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficient in Word and Excel and ability to read plans and blueprints.
Degrees/Certificates: Business or Project Management degree preferred.
Job Experience: At least 5 years of related experience.
Job Type: Full-time
$90,000.00 -$110,000 /year
If you meet the above qualifications, please send in your resume.